Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon free.
As we are pushing technological boundaries and developing novel solutions, there is a significant amount of test activity ahead of us. Are you the right person to help out?
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of testing complex mechanical/electrical systems within a regulated industry.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Conducting scale, component, system and aircraft level tests
- Preparing test plans, procedures, risk assessments and reports
- Technical data analysis and subsequent reporting
- Conceptual and detailed design of test rigs / fixtures
- Interacting with other teams to understand their test requirements and upcoming test activities
- Instrumentation and acquisition system specification
- Coordinating with external test houses to undertake specific component/sub-system tests
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree in aerospace, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Experience operating within a test organisation / department
- Numerate with skills processing and understanding large datasets
- Experience of certifying hardware to aerospace standards
- Experience with flight test activities
- Excellent IT skills and CAD software experience
- Experience of managing a package of work to defined timescales and costs
- Knowledge of current and developing Electric Vehicle and Aircraft technologies
- Model building activities and piloting experience