Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon free.
We’re looking for a Sensors Engineer to focus on the integration of a wide variety of sensors for control of the aircraft.
You will work with our suppliers and in-house engineers to ensure an robust integrated system, bringing best practice and innovation to play in this fast-paced design and build environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong theoretical and practical experience, with an aptitude of pragmatic problem solving. They will have the ability to establish technology development strategies to support various programs at different levels of maturity and manage risk.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Working across disciplines to create specifications for the required sensors
- Identifying and solving airframe, system & sensor integration issues
- Engaging effectively across related disciplines to ensure quality and robust design solutions that are understood by people with varied technical backgrounds
- Managing relationships and working closely with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of the current sensing technologies
- 5+ years demonstrable experience working with complex sensors
- Able to apply experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Good supporting knowledge of control design and aircraft flight characteristics
- Understanding of the role of simulation in fast-paced engineering programmes
- Passionate about technology and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential
- Communication of complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Worked within a highly regulated environment (aerospace/medical/automotive)
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors
- Direct involvement in flight test programmes
- Good supporting knowledge of hardware/software development and system integration
- Significant experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to professional development