Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon free.
We’re looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join our fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering a Quality Management System within a start-up environment and of achieving/maintaining DOA status with EASA.
The candidate must be capable of working autonomously within a highly technical environment, able to communicate at all levels and ensure quality initiatives are well embedded in the company culture.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Working to ISO 9001:2015, EASA Part 21
- Maintaining and Updating QMS/DAS
- Utilising quality tools including control plans, FAIRs, process flows, cost of quality, internal and external audits
- Involvement in NPI
- KPI measures & reports
- The development and maintenance of supply chain interfaces and performance
- Incoming and in-process inspection activities
- Conducting root cause analysis utilising tools such as 5 whys, 8D (etc.)
- Control of NCP and Quarantine Store
- Conducting targeted improvement activities
- Provide or facilitate company training needs
- Identifying and championing improvement activities
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years in Quality Assurance/Control
- 10+ years of delivering Quality Management Systems
- 10+ years experience of manufacturing processes
- Outstanding communication skills
- Internal and External Auditing
- 5+ years experience in aerospace design and manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of regulatory experience in approved organisation
- Degree / HNC / HND in Engineering
- Previous authority related to 'Release to Service'
- Product Conformity Audit
- H&S - including COSHH
- Experience in training and development of others