We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to join our rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will be used to working in a fast-paced engineering environment that is constant evolving and with the confidence to work autonomously as well as part of an integrated team. The successful candidate will work within the Supply Chain team taking ownership of our Direct spend and supporting other members of the purchasing team when ordering with general procurement activities. You will be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills working to deadlines and able to prioritise workload to ensure objectives are met and meet deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the engineering teams and understand Vertical Aerospaces procurement requirements and help with the sourcing of and procurement of goods and services
- Preparation of RFQ documentation alongside engineering to suppliers to meet deadlines associated with the companies projects
- Raising of complex purchase orders within the Vertical Aerospace ERP system
- Work with quality to complete due diligence and assessment of potential suppliers and add them to the Approved suppliers list
- Maintain regular contact with all suppliers to resolve any issues
- Maintain key supplier performance metrics and contribute to the company’s internal reporting
- Maintain and ensure all Approved supplier approval documentation is kept up to date
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience within a complex procurement environment ideally within the Aerospace or similar industry.
- Proactive style and flexible attitude to scope of role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and interpersonal skills
- IT literate with working knowledge of MS Office particularly SharePoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Degree in Business, Engineering or a related industry.
- Understanding of technical drawings and/or manufacturing processes.
- CIPS or working towards a CIPS qualification.
- Experience of using ERP software.