Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. We are looking for Programme planners to join our rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will be used to working and delivering Projects in a fast-paced engineering environment that is constant evolving and with the confidence to work autonomously as well as part of an integrated team.
The successful candidate will work with designated IPT leads to create and maintain detail plans to achieve the key milestones set out in the business plan, process work packages to meet the build requirements and support the purchasing function when required.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Working in IPT’s (Integrated Project teams) create and maintain detailed project plans to deliver key milestones.
- In conjunction with the IPT’s identify key partners/suppliers and liaise with the Supply Chain Manager to comply with company policy and procedures.
- In conjunction with the IPT leads manage the identified risks and capture in a risk management process.
- Work within the defined the Project management process.
- Manage the release of work packages from the IPTs/design groups including setting MOQ, re-order points etc in line with budgets and company requirements.
- Creation of purchase requisitions and/or works orders in line with the project deliverables.
- Creation of KPI’s to track programme progression, risks, EVM.
- Supporting the purchasing function with the creation of orders in line with the company policy.
- Minimum of 3 years of working in a highly complex engineering environment in a Project or scheduling role.
- Experience of working in IPT’s or a matrix organisational structure.
- Creating and maintaining project plans in Vertical Aerospace software applications.
- Experience working within a Supply chain environment including the purchasing function.
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Demand planning to meet company objectives.
- Experience working with a Risk management strategy.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project.
- Prince 2 or APMP qualification
- Business degree or equivalent
- Working in an Aerospace environment, ideally with an avionics, composites or electrical powertrain background.