We are seeking a principal stress engineer that thrives on working on new and novel engineering concepts. You will provide technical leadership to a team of highly motivated engineers and guide them to create novel, light weight, certifiable aircraft structure. We are a company that values inclusion and diversity and offer benefits such as flexible working, parental and maternity leave.
Duties & Responsibilities
Technical leadership of a team of stress engineers working to create optimised solutions to challenging requirements. You are able to guide people to carryout structural analysis of composite and metallic structures using first principles and Finite element modelling techniques. You will be able to drive certification of aircraft structure and Means of Compliance activities. You are a team player that has great communications skills and is capable of reporting to all company levels. You will work with the relevant line manager to identify training and development area’s for team members.
- 10 years + relevant industrial experience
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Proven capability of successfully leading technical teams
- IT skills and experience of stress analysis tools (Hypermesh, Optistruct, MathCad etc)
- Have gained relevant technical signature rights