We are currently entering a phase of rapid expansion with the objective of rapidly bringing competitive product(s) to market. As part of this expansion, we are looking for an experienced Electrical Propulsion System Team Leader to join the Powertrain Systems team at Vertical Aerospace. The ideal candidate will have a history in the development of electrical drive systems, strong capability in supplier management and systems engineering as well as proven team leadership. Previous aerospace experience is not essential, but a background in vehicle electrification would be beneficial. You will need be prepared to take on a wide range of challenges across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and to work at all levels of an organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading a team of highly skilled engineers across a number of projects, including prototype and certification standard aircraft development
- Managing the Electrical Propulsion team, including; resource allocation, recruitment, capability development, project allocation and priority management.
- Co-ordinating interfaces between teams, data receipt/delivery and requirements exchange.
- Ensuring a systems engineering approach is deployed within the team.
- Supporting the team with the development and execution of test activities
- Tracking status of activities across the projects, reporting to seniors on a regular basis (progress reviews, regular meetings, CEHS, etc.)
- Co-ordinating design review activities, leading PDR/CDR presentations.
- Supporting Programme Management and budget allocation
- Creating and maintaining/co-ordinating documentation.
- Supplier management
- Risk management
- Working with the aerospace governing authority
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of system engineering principles is required
- Knowledge of electrical propulsion system design is desired
- Proven track record of complex system development and delivery
- Knowledge of Aerospace certification standards are desire
- Understanding of the product development cycle from concept to production and in-service is desired