The Bill of Materials Co-ordinator role will be responsible of creating and maintaining accurate BoMs of our aircraft(s) and inventory master records. We are looking for a person with significant experience to support our design and configuration control function to create the Bill of materials within our ERP system to support the procurement, manufacturing and build function ensuring that the vehicles are built as designed. Vertical Aerospace are creating a best-in-class system that will be easy to use and satisfy strict regulatory requirements. We are looking for an individual that has experience of, in partnership with the Design organisation, of creating and implementing Bill of Material processes. We are looking for the right people with the right skill to join our team and help us achieve our goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively engage in cross functional communications to ensure accuracy and timely creation of BOM and product information.
- Construct the BOM from released design data in our ERP system.
- Ensuring the configuration of the aircraft corresponds to the released engineering data.
- Work collaboratively with Design and Manufacturing engineers to complete and release the BOM.
- Create and maintain Inventory management records in line with our purchasing and quality requirements.
- Regularly monitor the BOM in our 3DX PLM platform against records transferred to the ERP system to ensure consistency.
- Troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Ensure released data is passed to the relevant departments for demand planning.
- Contribute to the development of the BOM function within Vertical Aerospace.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a complex engineering environment creating and maintaining Bills of materials.
- Working with engineering release notes to create inventory management records and the BoM tree.
- Understanding change management including change notes and their implications to the Bill of materials.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Critical attention to details and a commitment to accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Managing workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel, word etc.
- Aerospace experience is desired but not essential.