We are currently entering a phase of expansion with the objective of rapidly bringing competitive product(s) to market. As part of this expansion, we are looking for an Electrical Powertrain Engineer to join the Electrical Systems team at Vertical Aerospace. The role will mainly focus on the design and development of High Voltage systems and associated hardware from concept definition through to certification and production.
The ideal candidate will have strong ‘hands-on’ engineering skills and team work ethic, able to take on a wide range of challenges and responsibilities across multiple streams of work. Be adaptable in a fast-moving environment, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of developing the Vertical Aerospace product range, and who can identify innovative solutions to properly implement the various company strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining, delivering and testing electrical power architectures and protective systems for use across multiple voltage levels.
- Creating innovative ‘fit for purpose’ solutions to complex electrical powertrain distribution problems.
- Creating, managing and analysing system level trade studies with relevant disciplines
- Supporting the development of in-house powertrain expertise and skill sets.
- Following a Systems Engineering approach to derive appropriate technical requirements and execution of the associated verification and validation activities.
- Working within the bounds of defined processes and procedures and influence changes to improve existing procedures or develop new ones.
- Planning and delivery of multiple assigned tasks effectively and efficiently, including leading small projects or work packages
- Proactively communicating project deviations and risks to accountable stakeholders.
- Setting objectives for suppliers and partners and managing them through to successful delivery.
- Developing and supporting test activities both on bench and on vehicle.
- Bachelors or higher degree/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Relevant industry experience.
- Functional and thermal system modelling using appropriate toolsets (e.g. Matlab, Enterprise architect, Ansys etc).
- Proficiency in Dassault 3DX platform, Catia V5/6, Solidworks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office toolsets.
- Experience of whole-aircraft development program, ‘cradle to grave’.
- Experience of working in a PLM system environment.
- Knowledge of Aircraft Systems and System Schematics
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.