We’re pioneering electric aviation to transform urban mobility. It’s an adventure into the future; powered by world-class partners and the excellence and quintessential spirit of British engineering.
We’re on a mission. Where others see limits, we see opportunity, and we work at pace. Working at Vertical isn’t your average role but for those seeking a challenge, a flexible, supportive organisation and an incredible team; working here is an opportunity to do the best work of your career.
Our approach promotes ingenuity and courage, while our environment builds success through diligence in safety and being open in the way we work. The only way we’re going to assure the next chapter of aviation history is by working as a team, relentlessly, towards our goal.
"The power of human ingenuity, and the spirit of creativity is what drives us to solve the big challenges at Vertical and pioneer electric aviation."
— Stephen Fitzpatrick, Founder and CEO
Changing the way the world travels is a colossal task, but we’ve never been one for comfort zones. What guides us is The Vertical Way; our four values, shared by our people and partners.
We make brave choices
We challenge convention
We build success through safety
We win together
Our people matter — we’re not going anywhere without them. Which is why our company benefits go beyond the essentials.
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 extra days holiday per year to buy (or sell)
- 5 extra days holiday when you get married or enter a civil partnership
- Additional 4% of your salary to spend on extra benefits
- Award-winning digital health and wellbeing service (Help@Hand)
- Company Share Scheme – open to every Vertical employee
- Company Pension Scheme – 5% and we match it
- Breakfast on us, every day
We know how important it is to have a clear, fair and simple hiring process, so we wanted to be open with how your application will be considered by the hiring team.
- We’ll share our company culture, mission and values and more about the role with you, before understanding your experience and motivations.
- We’ll take you through a combination of structured interviewing and practical skills-based activities led by the hiring manager of the role. You may also meet with one or two people from other functions in the organisation.
- A member of our in-house hiring team will get in touch with you to let you know where you stand with your application, give feedback and discuss next steps.
Working on a blank-page aircraft design is a rare and valuable experience, it can be challenging but also satisfying
— Salim, Battery Commissioning and Integration Manager
It is a unique opportunity to work as Production Lead, the role offers the chance to lead a talented team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of sustainable aviation.
— Elise Boase, Production lead
Working at Vertical is exhilarating I’m proud to be part of a team that thrives on challenges, values creativity and never settles for mediocrity.
— Caroline Lewis, Senior Manager, Culture, Communications & Engagement
The impact of my work at Vertical is immediately evident, it’s a fast-paced environment and everyday we’re pushing ourselves to be more innovative than the last.
— Rachel Yip, Digital Systems & Flight Physics Procurement Officer
Advanced Electrical Systems Engineer
Join the Powertrain Team based in Bristol as an Advanced Electrical Systems Engineer and help us to achieve our mission of pioneering electric aviation.
Aircraft Electrical Build Technician
Join the Build Team based in Bristol/Kemble as an Aircraft Electrical Build Technician and help us to achieve our mission of pioneering electric aviation.
Battery Cell Test Technician
Join the Powertrain Team based in Bristol as a Cell Test Technician in our world class battery production facility, and help us to achieve our mission of pioneering electric aviation.
Battery Test Technician
Join the Battery Team based in Bristol (Avonmouth) as an Battery Test Technician and help us to achieve our mission of pioneering electric aviation.