We are looking for an experienced Technician with high quality mechanical & electrical fitting skills and sound personal standard practices. You will be required to assist in the building, commissioning and deployment of test rigs supporting the development of our current and subsequent aircraft designs.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Carrying out the fitting of mechanical and electrical components to technical drawings or finding their own effective solutions to required tasks whilst still working to high quality standards.
- Carrying out the build, testing and commissioning of sub-assemblies and full aircraft systems including low and high voltage electrical and mechanical systems as well as providing support for aircraft systems test and flight test activities.
- Ensuring all appropriate paper work or recording is completed and maintained (job cards, tech logs, tech library, ERP system entries… etc).
- Maintaining a high standard of tool cleanliness and control throughout the workshop assembly areas, labs and machine rooms and maintaining exemplary FOD prevention methods throughout.
- You may be required to work a shift system for high load periods within the business.
The ideal candidate:
- Would have both mechanical and electrical skills
- Have an automotive, industrial or aerospace background
- Be proficient and confident with basic hand tools and power tools
- Should have very good attention to detail and can operate to challenging deadlines without compromising standards or quality.
- Have a good working knowledge of electrical schematics and technical assembly drawings.
- Would have experience with wiring, crimping, soldering etc
- Can work autonomously and safely.
- Happy to travel between Bristol facility and any other test location and stay away for short periods if required
- Some problem solving and component sourcing capability (e.g. mount a new component on a rig, don’t have the parts in stores. Please find a solution and source parts from RS etc)
- Can demonstrate a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities and always willing to lend a hand throughout the business if required.
- Will apply previous experience, skills & knowledge to maintain Health, Safety and Environmental considerations and suggest improvements to procedures wherever possible.
- Should have good interpersonal communication skills and be willing to engage with different disciplines, teams and individuals to carry out duties within our growing team.
- Have a full UK driving license