We are looking for an exceptional individual to join Vertical Aerospace as Supply Chain Operations Manager. Vertical is one the world’s leading eVTOL businesses, and a pioneer of this ground-breaking new segment, which marks the beginning of sustainable aviation. The role will be located in Bristol.
Vertical recently completed a $2.2Bn SPAC with Broadstone Acquisition Corp and will imminently list on the NYSE. Further funding to see their aircraft the VA-X4 through certification and into production was secured from Mudrick Capital and Kouros SA in October 2021.
Vertical has already assembled an enviable list of conditional pre-orders from globally renowned customers such as American Airlines, Virgin Atlantic and Avolon adding up to 1,350 aircraft and an order value of $5.4Bn. Additionally Vertical has secured partnerships with Rolls Royce, Honeywell, Bristow and GKN, among others.
About you: We are looking for someone that will enjoy working with a world class team comprised of leading aerospace and technology thinkers as well as some of the finest engineering talent. Of course, you will possess or be able to rapidly adopt a passion for sustainable aviation and it’s benefits for both society and sustainability.
Vertical is a values-led business that embraces diversity in all its forms in particular diversity of thought. Vertical is committed to building an industry leading team offering global perspectives that represent the communities it serves.
Priorities: The role is responsible for leading and developing our Procurement Officers (direct & indirect) and Logistics & Stores team. Performing activities related to committing company resources to purchase goods and services, developing supplier strategies, development of bid packages, proposal analysis and contract management. A key focus for the role is to ensure on time supplier delivery for our certification programme and longer term, the industrialisation of our production supply chain.
The Supply Chain Operations Manager will work closely with our business teams in Procurement, Engineering, Quality and Programme Management. Key day to day activity and accountabilities will include:
- Sourcing: Providing Supply Chain expertise to the Procurement team market assessments & identification of potential new suppliers. Negotiating and Contracting when needed
- Supplier Relationship Management: working to build strong mutually beneficial relationships with our supply chain partners
- Supplier Performance Management: monitoring supplier adherence to contractual requirements, ensuring any performance delta’s have a suitable remedy applied
- Risk Management: clarity on the risks within the supply chain, utilising data and insights to predict potential issues and enact required treatment
- Process: Lead the activities to develop our Supply Chain processes and tools
Experience & Qualifications:
- A career background in Supply Chain Management ideally in an Aerospace company or a regulated complex manufacturing industry would be particularly advantageous, together with an interest in green technology.
- BA degree or equivalent in a business related field
- Strong operations management skills
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP
- Experience in completing supplier evaluations and preparing Requests for Proposal and Quotation, analysis, order placement, order management: procure to pay process (end to end experience)
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working; willingness to learn and be part of a fast paced diverse team
- Good planning / project management skills
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong delivery focus
- A team player with a can-do attitude who works well in a range of teams
Background: Founded in 2016, Vertical uniquely combines the best of the aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive industries and has become one of only seven companies globally to have successfully flown multiple full-scale eVTOL prototypes. The VA-X4, is a world-leading fully composite tilt-rotor winged eVTOL that will carry one pilot and four passengers or cargo. VA-X4 is in plan to be certify in late 2024, placing the business in the top two companies globally with a commercially viable aircraft capable of spanning intra and intercity passenger and cargo eVTOL markets.