Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are currently going through an exciting expansion phase as we prepare for the first flight of our electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) vehicle. We’re looking for a Senior Performance Engineer who can lead discipline activities in preparation for a safe and fruitful flight test campaign and then apply the knowledge and experience gained to a successful future certification programme.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to become an industry discipline leader in this new and exciting market segment.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of all aircraft development phases, from initial configuration development and requirement definition, through build, test and certification, to entry-into-service and beyond. They will have developed performance processes, methods and tools to support multiple programme phases. They will be experienced users of analytical tools and fully understand the limitations and opportunities associated with discipline methodologies and will be skilled in the meaningful presentation of performance data.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Identifying and implementing performance tools, processes and methods to create a complete and cutting-edge set of capabilities.
- Developing technical requirements and planning/executing analysis and testing in support of their validation and verification.
- Ensuring that the aircraft performance is optimised to meet mission requirements.
- Conduct of a wide variety of performance analyses to support colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations to deliver on objectives.
- Developing data formats, content and tools for presenting relevant performance data to operators via the aircraft flight manuals.
- At least 10 years of applicable experience in an aircraft manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- Expert knowledge of Aircraft Performance and how it is derived and presented for civil aircraft
- Experience of aircraft performance flight testing
- Knowledge of the performance aspects of the CS23 and 25, and/or C27 and 29 certification specifications, the acceptable means of compliance and use of supporting guidance material
- Knowledge of tools and methods in the field, and ability to identify capability gaps and lead the implementation of means to address those gaps
- Ability to apply your knowledge to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills and an ability to clearly communicate conclusions from large and complex datasets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in and across small, motivated teams