Founded by greentech entrepreneur Stephen Fitzpatrick, Vertical Aerospace believes passionately in the power of electric aircraft to change the way the world travels.
Vertical is combining the very best talent, technologies and approaches from aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive to develop cutting-edge aircraft.
A global pioneer in sustainable aviation technologies, Vertical has already flown two full-scale all-electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) prototypes with UK Civil Aviation Authority approval.
Most recently Vertical unveiled its piloted winged eVTOL, VA-X4. Capable of travelling 120 miles at speeds of over 200 mph, carrying four passengers and one pilot, VA-X4 is set to be one of the world’s first certified passenger carrying eVTOLs. It will be certified through the CAA and EASA by the end of 2024, initial commercial operations will start shortly afterwards.
We are looking for an experienced Aircraft Technician with high quality mechanical and avionic fitting skills and sound personal standard practices to assist in the build, commissioning and testing of electric or hybrid prototype aircraft and its sub-systems. You will be required to assist in the building, commissioning and deployment of test rigs as well as assisting in the successful completion of our flight test programme including possible temporary overseas deployments.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Carrying out the fitting of mechanical and avionic components I.A.W. engineering drawings, build plans and instruction from Lead and Head of Department to highest quality standards to ensure airworthiness.
- Carrying out the build, testing and commissioning of sub-assemblies and full aircraft systems including low and high voltage electrical and mechanical systems as well as providing support for aircraft systems test and flight test activities.
- Ensuring all appropriate paper work or recording is completed and maintained (job cards, tech logs, tech library, ERP system entries… etc).
- Maintaining a high standard of tool cleanliness and control throughout the workshop assembly areas, labs and machine rooms and maintaining exemplary FOD prevention methods throughout.
- Assisting in the flight test programme in the UK and possibly overseas.
- You may be required to work a shift system for high load periods within the business.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have completed a recognized aircraft engineering apprenticeship in a commercial or military environment or similar qualification in aircraft systems.
- Should have very good attention to detail and can operate to challenging deadlines without compromising standards or quality.
- Have a good working knowledge of aircraft documentation, maintenance manuals and engineering drawings.
- Can demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities and always willing to lend a hand where needed throughout the business and across different teams.
- Will apply previous experience, skills & knowledge to maintain Health, Safety and Environmental considerations and suggest improvements to procedures wherever possible.
- Should have good interpersonal communication skills, willing to engage with different disciplines, teams and individuals to carry out duties within our growing team.
- BTEC National Certificate Aerospace Engineering or higher,
- Relevant commercial aircraft apprenticeship or military equivalent.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance or overhaul.
- Full UK driving licence.