Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are currently entering a phase of rapid expansion with the objective of rapidly bringing competitive product(s) to market. As part of this expansion we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join the R&T team at Vertical Aerospace.
You will need be prepared to take on a wide range of challenges and responsibilities across multiple streams of work in a fast-moving environment, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the aircraft.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
Lead and manage all aspects of the assigned R&D projects and programmes including:
- Defining the project scope and success criteria
- Defining and agreeing the strategic approach to the project
- Scheduling and agreeing resource requirements
- Budget management
- Supplier and partner interfacing
- Stakeholder management
- Pro-active Risk Management
- Leading the assigned project team, managing priorities
- Reporting progress and escalating as necessary
- Experience leading component, sub-system, or system technology development projects
- Experience in coordinating across a variety of internal team, and external organisations.
- Ability to think innovatively and to create new ideas.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with colleagues across a wide range of technical disciplines
- A pro-active and systematic approach to problem solving
- Experience in the development and definition of drawings, processes, methods and tools
- Experience of working within an aerospace engineering environment, including exposure to product safety, certification, verification and validation, assembly, testing and in-service usage.