We are looking for a Programme Planner to join our rapidly growing Battery team at Vertical Aerospace. The successful candidate will be used to planning and delivering projects in a fast-paced engineering environment that is constantly evolving and with the confidence to work autonomously as well as part of an integrated team.
The company’s vision is to manufacture world leading battery systems.
· Work closely with engineers, team leaders and other areas of the business to identify the different work packages which form the project scope.
· Create and maintain detailed project plans, scheduling, and prioritising tasks in line with the wider programme.
· Track progress of internal and external activities to deliver key milestones within the required time, cost and quality.
· Report key KPIs and milestone status regularly.
· Identify key risks and opportunities in the project delivery and escalate where appropriate.
· Coordinate and track activities with external organisations and suppliers ensuring requirements, schedules, and roles and responsibilities are met and well understood.
· Support purchasing function when required, creating purchase requisitions in line with project deliverables.
· Experience working in a highly complex engineering environment in a planning role within a regulated industry.
· Extremely organised and focused on detail.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to challenge team members and hold individuals accountable.
· Experience working within a supply chain environment including the purchasing function.
· Experience working with a Risk management strategy.
· Advanced skills in project planning tools such as Microsoft Project and JIRA.