Founded by Greentech entrepreneur Stephen Fitzpatrick, Vertical Aerospace believes passionately in the power of electric aircraft to change the way the world travels.
Vertical is combining the very best talent, technologies and approaches from aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive to develop cutting-edge aircraft.
A global pioneer in sustainable aviation technologies, Vertical has already flown two full-scale all-electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) prototypes with UK Civil Aviation Authority approval.
Most recently Vertical unveiled its piloted winged eVTOL, VA-X4. Capable of travelling 120 miles at speeds of over 200 mph, carrying four passengers and one pilot, VA-X4 is set to be one of the world’s first certified passenger carrying eVTOLs. It will be certified through the CAA and EASA by the end of 2024, initial commercial operations will start shortly afterwards.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join us in our supply chain team in a permanent role. The candidate will provide direct procurement support to the business covering a variety of areas and report to the Supply Chain Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and work closely with our production, engineering, quality and programme management departments. The role will be responsible for managing the procurement and contracting activities of key Work Streams within the business.
Key day to day activity and accountabilities will include:
- Strategy: Contributing to procurement strategies to deliver value for Vertical
- Sourcing: Market assessments & identification of potential new suppliers. Negotiating deals to meet our performance objectives
- Manage day to day tasks within our ERP system
- Supplier Management: relationship owner for the supplier, managing performance to secure on time, cost and quality products / services
Key Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- BA degree or equivalent in a business related field or CIPS qualification
- Experience working as a buyer in a regulated or complex industry
- A team player with a can-do attitude who can work in a range of teams
- Strong contract management skills
- Demonstratable negotiation on pricing and contracting terms and conditions
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working; willingness to learn and be part of a fast paced, diverse team
- Good planning / project management skills
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong operational focus.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.