Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for a 3D Experience DMU Integrator and Data Controller to bring their in-depth knowledge and experience to the Engineering and wider VAGL organisation. The ideal candidate will have a strong ‘hands-on’ engineering skills and team work ethic, who is able to take on a wide range of challenges and responsibilities across multiple streams of work. Be adaptable in a fast-moving environment, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of developing the 3DEx Platform, and who can identify innovative solutions to properly implement the various company strategies.
You will controlling the DMU and building the product structure to configuring the design data on 3DEx platform using our change management process and assisting in the migration of Data to the supply chain. Running DMU reviews addressing and tracking issues.
You will be defining processes and managing the engineering data through the entire lifecycle of the aircraft from inception, through engineering design, manufacture and in service of the products. You will be responsible to the Head of Data Management for developing the necessary tools and processes along the way, and interfacing with other departments, subcontractors and suppliers as required.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Support the implementation of 3D Experience PLM solutions.
- Creating and documenting processes and policies for Engineering data management in 3DX including but not limited to:
- Develop ‘Best Practice’ for Processes and Work Methodologies
- Aircraft DMU, Models, master geometry, technical documentation, Product Structure, engineering drawings and BOM
- Aircraft configuration control and change management
- Rules and procedures for data sharing within Vertical Aerospace Group and external stakeholders
- Developing and implementing the engineering process, method, tool and automation strategy to support the company product development, certification, and entry into service.
- Provide guidance, training and workshops to the engineering teams.
- Support the engineering teams and deliver solutions to meet program timescales.
- Bachelors or higher degree/HND in an Engineering discipline – Electrical, Structures, Mechanical, or Aerospace preferred.
- Significant relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in Dassault 3DX platform, Catia V5/6.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office toolsets.
- Experience of whole-aircraft development program.
- Experience of working in a PLM system environment.
- Knowledge of DMU Design Support and configuration
- Knowledge of Aircraft structure and Systems, Design, Build and Manufacturing process.
- Experience in managing a small engineering team or function
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.