Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for a Configuration Control Manager to establish, implement and manage our Product Configuration through a Change Management process and infrastructure within 3DEx Platform, supporting the company with its standards, policies and processes supporting Airworthiness and Quality Management System. The ideal candidate will have a strong ‘hands-on’ engineering skills and team work ethic, who is able to take on a wide range of challenges and responsibilities across multiple streams of work. Be adaptable in a fast-moving environment, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of developing the PLM system, and who can identify innovative solutions to properly implement the various company strategies.
You will also be responsible for the application of robust development, build and release baselines and associated documentation for the full Development and Production Lifecycle of the company’s expanding product range.
Reporting to the Head of Data Management and working with the engineering team, the Configuration Control Manager functions as an auditor and administrator for the Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management tools.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Integration, Definition and implementation of a configuration management strategy and governance that is compliant with EASA Part 21.
- Working closely with the Head of Data Management, Engineering teams and Office of Airworthiness to ensure the configuration of all our vehicles is known, correct, accessible and robust.
- Implementation of a robust change management process which ensures that we can rapidly iterate vehicle and R&D design whilst maintaining appropriate oversite and due diligence.
- Deputise as required for the Office of Airworthiness to chair the change board.
- Provide configuration management support for multiple programs.
- Design and develop processes around part lifecycle, product development and part creation to enable the engineering team to manage components seamlessly.
- Coordinate engineering data review and sign-off within PLM tool.
- Establish, audit and maintain correct, required configuration data in PLM tool.
- Utilise and maintain engineering, configuration and data management procedures.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using PLM tool.
- Review and audit design data and product structures against established standards and advise engineers on best practices in relation to those standards.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Support Engineering with management of requirements and critical program data.
- Support program teams and engineering staff in utilisation of PLM tools and processes.
- Closely coordinate with engineering leadership on implementation and process improvement.
- Degree or equivalent in related field or 10+ years related experience.
- Familiarity with Airworthiness Regulations EASA Pt21 Subpart J (21.A.239)
- Awareness of wider standards such ISO10007.
- Demonstrable CM domain experience in a regulated environment (preferably Aerospace)
- Hands-on knowledge and user experience of lifecycle management tools.
- Experience managing files and 3D Modelling using PDM and PLM systems
- Experience utilising databases to manage technical and engineering data.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Good knowledge of Aerospace programs.
- Effective communicator and facilitator.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Assist in the preparation of effective reports and presentations.