Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for a 3D Experience Platform CAD PLM Support Specialist to bring their in-depth knowledge and experience to the Engineering and wider VAGL organisation. The ideal candidate will have a strong ‘hands-on’ engineering skills and team work ethic, who is able to take on a wide range of challenges and responsibilities across multiple streams of work. Be adaptable in a fast-moving environment, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of developing the 3DEx Platform, and who can identify innovative solutions to properly implement the various company strategies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PDM/PLM user to join a new team creating a new way of working. As a CAD/PDM PLM specialist you will be setting best practices for 3D modelling, drawings and PDM processes, as well as providing functional support for the enhancement, development and implementation of PDM/PLM capabilities within the business. You will be defining processes for managing the engineering data through the entire lifecycle of the aircraft from inception, through engineering design, manufacture and in service of the products. You will be responsible to the Head of Data Management for developing the necessary tools and processes along the way, and interfacing with other departments, subcontractors and suppliers as required. Acting as subject matter expert on PLM principles, Catia and document management.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Setting the standard for CAD modelling, 2D/3D draughting and assemblies and providing governance to ensure that the processes are followed
- Providing support in the creation and quality check of Product Information (e.g. CAD data, Bill of Materials, Change documents) before release to the PDM system
- Providing CAD system and PDM training to new members of the team as well as support to current users
- Performing day to day PDM support deliver solutions to meet program timescales.
- Providing functional support for the enhancement, development and implementation of new business processes
- Ensuring the integrity of CAD data, BOM and Change Management according to business standards
- Support the implementation of 3D Experience PDM & PLM solutions.
- Creating and documenting ‘Best Practice’ processes and Work Methodologies for Engineering data management including but not limited to:
- Data supporting the Product Life Management objectives
- Aircraft Digital Mock-up (DMU), Models, Master Geometry, Technical documentation, Product Structure, Engineering Drawings and BOM
- Aircraft Configuration Control and Change Management
- Rules and procedures for data sharing within Vertical Aerospace Group and external stakeholders
- Developing in-depth knowledge of usage and implementing the engineering process, method, tool and automation strategy to support the company product development, certification, and entry into service.
- Bachelors or higher degree/HND in an Engineering discipline – Electrical, Structures, Mechanical, or Aerospace preferred.
- Significant relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in Dassault 3DX platform (preferred), Catia V5/6.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office toolsets.
- Experience of whole-aircraft development program.
- Experience of working in a PLM system environment.
- Knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing technology, Composite, Metals and polymer.
- Knowledge of CAD, DMU, Simulation
- Knowledge of Aircraft structure and Systems, Design, Build and Manufacturing process.
- Experience in managing a small engineering team or function
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.