Vertical is one the world’s leading eVTOL businesses, and a pioneer of this ground-breaking new segment, which marks the beginning of sustainable aviation. Founded in 2016, Vertical uniquely combines the best of the aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive industries and has become one of only seven companies globally to have successfully flown multiple full-scale eVTOL prototypes. The VX4, is a world-leading fully composite tilt-rotor winged eVTOL that will carry one pilot and four passengers or cargo. VX4 is in plan to be certified in late 2024, placing the business in the top two companies globally with a commercially viable aircraft capable of spanning intra and intercity passenger and cargo eVTOL markets.
We are looking for an Advanced HW Electronics Engineer (BMS) who will:
Enjoy working with a world class team comprised of leading aerospace and technology thinkers as well as some of the finest engineering talent. Of course, you will possess or be able to rapidly adopt a passion for sustainable aviation and it’s benefits for both society and sustainability.
Vertical is a values-led business that embraces diversity in all its forms in particular diversity of thought. Vertical is committed to building an industry leading team offering global perspectives that represent the communities it serves.
The responsibilities and duties of the Advanced HW Electronics Engineer (BMS) will be as follows:
- Support of BMS hardware design specifications for in-house BMS/HW projects
- Design of digital and analogue electronics used in HV battery systems.
- Design the BMS schematics, component selection and BOM generation.
- Hands-on Testing and de-bugging.
- Integration of the Electronics with the HV Electrical System
- Coordinate external development suppliers/Contractors when required.
- Integration and validation into the aircraft, supporting colleagues as needed and perform design review for BMS hardware development, including DFMEA, FTA, FMECA etc
- Identification and tracking the specific assignments, deliverables, and provide an assessment on the progress and outcome of the work on a day-to-day basis
The successful Advanced HW Electronics Engineer (BMS) will have the following Experiences & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Physics, Electrical, Electronics, Aerospace, Systems, or Computer Engineering or related engineering field is preferable.
- Extensive proven experience in Hardware development.
- Experience with Battery management systems
- Experience in Power electronics: Power converters.
- High Voltage training and advance battery design/development experience is desirable.
- Experience with Schematic and PCB design.
- Experience in digital and analogue schematic circuit design, PCB layout and design verification.
- Good understanding of EMC and PCB design rules to meet standards.
- Experience with FMEA, DFMEA, FTA and single component failure analysis.
- Good understanding of network protocols like: CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, ARINC.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Experience with functional safety, aircraft or automotive standards:
- DO-178, DO-254, ARP 4754, ARP 4761 and DO-160.
- ISO 26262
- IEC 61508 and/or derived requirements
- Fluent English language skills are essential
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.