- Defining, delivering and testing electrical power architecture and protective systems for use across multiple voltage levels. (i.e. 800V, 28V and 12V-5V DC and AC).
- Creating innovative fit for purpose solutions to complex electrical powertrain distribution problems, requiring trades between multiple disciplines.
- Create and analyse system level trade studies with relevant teams
- Support development of in house powertrain expertise and skill sets.
- Deriving appropriate technical requirements and planning executing verification and validation of technical requirements.
- Work within the bounds of defined processes and procedures and influence changes to improve existing procedures or develop new ones.
- Planning and delivery of multiple assigned tasks effectively and efficiently, including leading smaller work packages (e.g. 1-2 people for 1-3 months).
- Proactively communicate project deviations and risks to accountable stakeholders.
- Setting objectives for suppliers and partners and managing them through to successful delivery.
- Developing and supporting test activities both on bench and on vehicle.
- Have experience with 800V distribution systems (or similar).
- Be excellent communicators.
- Be flexible and proactive.
- Have experience with functional and thermal system modelling using appropriate toolsets (e.g. Matlab, Enterprise architect, Ansys etc).
Key Working Relationships
Day to day work is undertaken with a significant degree of independence and initiative, with supervision and guidance from accountable manager on longer range planning and unusual problems. Uses strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain excellent relationships with other engineers, both internal and external to vertical, to ensure work is aligned with wider engineering effort. Other functions of the business are supported or consulted for advice where needed (e.g. programme, marketing, finance, legal, procurement etc).