Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to help design the functional and physical electrical aircraft systems. This will include HV and LV system design covering schematic and functional definition, detailed wiring diagrams as well as harness and installation design.
You will be able to demonstrate strong engineering experience delivering complex programs throughout the entire lifecycle. Ideally with an aerospace or automotive background with 2D/3D design and practical hands-on experience.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Aircraft electrical system schematic and functional design definition
- 2D and 3D detailed design of systems installation
- Aircraft and system level PRA management
- Compliance definition to relevant aerospace standards
- Author/check/approve installation and detail design drawings
- The design of equipment integration within an airframe
- Define the manufacture and assist in the testing of prototypes, both full and part scale.
- V&V activities, including the definition of requirements and the execution of the associated test
- Presenting complex system information in an understandable way to different levels of the business
- Mentoring and developing others to secure excellence for the future
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience of System Installation design (grade offered depends on level of experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering or Relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience aircraft electrical system design
- Skilled in 2D and 3D design packages (Ideally CATIA and 3DExperience)
- Knowledge of installation design requirements and certification specification for electrical systems
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Experience of certification to aerospace standards is desired
- Knowledge of current and developing Electric Vehicle and Aircraft technologies is desired