Vertical is one the world’s leading eVTOL businesses, and a pioneer of this ground-breaking new segment, which marks the beginning of sustainable aviation. Founded in 2016, Vertical uniquely combines the best of the aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive industries and has become one of only seven companies globally to have successfully flown multiple full-scale eVTOL prototypes. The VX4, is a world-leading fully composite tilt-rotor winged eVTOL that will carry one pilot and four passengers or cargo. VX4 is in plan to be certified in late 2024, placing the business in the top two companies globally with a commercially viable aircraft capable of spanning intra and intercity passenger and cargo eVTOL markets. Vertical recently completed a $2.2Bn SPAC with Broadstone Acquisition Corp and listed on the NYSE in December 2021. Further funding to see their aircraft the VX4 through certification and into production was secured from Mudrick Capital and Kouros SA in October 2021.
Vertical has already assembled an enviable list of conditional pre-orders from globally renowned customers such as American Airlines, Virgin Atlantic and Avolon adding up to 1,350 aircraft and an order value of $5.4Bn. Additionally Vertical has secured partnerships with Rolls Royce, Honeywell, Bristow and GKN, among others.
We are looking for an Advanced Battery Systems Engineer who will:
Enjoy working with a world class team comprised of leading aerospace and technology thinkers as well as some of the finest engineering talent. Of course, you will possess or be able to rapidly adopt a passion for sustainable aviation and it’s benefits for both society and sustainability. Vertical is a values-led business that embraces diversity in all its forms in particular diversity of thought. Vertical is committed to building an industry leading team offering global perspectives that represent the communities it serves. You will relish the challenge of developing new standards and methods in the field through a fusion of applying their expertise in established aerospace processes and the new and innovative approaches that this novel space demands.
The responsibilities and duties of the Advanced Battery Systems Engineer will be as follows:
- Responsible for all batteries in the field including, storage, service and maintenance.
- Develop operational and service manuals for the battery system
- Responsible for battery operational requirements
- Develop service training materials for the battery system in use
- Responsible for the budget and programme delivery for commissioning and filed operation
- Assist with root cause analysis for failures
- Process raw test data, and analyse and interpret test results
- Work with engineers to design test equipment and rigs
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions
- Approval for battery design relevant in use operations
The successful Advanced Battery Systems Engineer will have the following Experiences & Qualifications:
- Experience with complex system integrations
- Experience with communication protocols (CANbus)
- Experience with Cell and Battery pack integration and testing
- Experience with hybrid system integration
- Experience with HV Systems
- Problem solving skills and can-do attitude
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.