Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are seeking an Advance HW Electronics Engineer that thrives on working on new and novel engineering concepts. You will join a team of highly motivated people that are passionate about creating robust designs using the latest technology to find optimised results for our new generation of battery packs to support our aircraft program.
We are a company that values inclusion and diversity and offer benefits such as flexible working, parental and maternity leave.
The Advance HW Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Battery Management System (BMS), the hardware involved for instrumentation and control of batteries for integration into Vertical Aerospace aircraft.
This position requires extensive knowledge in the harsh environment avionics, automotive and/or similar safety critical environment.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creation of BMS hardware design specifications for in-house BMS/HW projects
- Design of digital and analogue electronics used in HV batteries.
- Hands-on Testing and de-bugging when required.
- Define, design and review safety critical electronics HW according to requirements specification and required standards.
- Create and review certification relevant documents and plans according to DO-254
- Coordinate external development suppliers.
- Integration and validation into the aircraft, supporting colleagues as needed and perform design review with ECU suppliers for BMS hardware development, including DFMEA, FTA, FMECA etc
- Identification and tracking the specific assignments, deliverables, and provide an assessment on the progress and outcome of the work on a day-to-day basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Aerospace, Systems, or Computer Engineering or related engineering field.
- 5+ Years of proven experience in aerospace Hardware development.
- Strong knowledge of DO-254/ DO-160 standards, practice and process.
- High Voltage training and advance battery design/development experience is desirable.
- Experience with Schematic and PCB design.
- Experience in digital and analogue schematic circuit design, PCB layout and design verification.
- Experience with FMEA, DFMEA, FTA and single component failure analysis.
- Good understanding of network protocols like: CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, ARINC.
- Knowledge of agile tools, Atlassian Jira and Bitbucket, or other revision control software is desired.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Experience with functional safety, aircraft or automotive standards:
- DO-178, DO-254, ARP 4754, ARP 4761 and DO-160.
- ISO 26262
- IEC 61508 and/or derived requirements
- Experience working in EASA/FAA approved design Organisation is an advantage.
- Fluent English language skills are essential
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free breakfast
- Annual bonus
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours