Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are seeking an Advance Embedded SW Engineer that thrives on working on new and novel engineering concepts. You will join a team of highly motivated people that are passionate about creating robust designs using the latest technology to find optimised results for our new generation of battery packs to support our aircraft program.
We are a company that values inclusion and diversity and offer benefits such as flexible working, parental and maternity leave.
The Advance Embedded SW Engineer will participate in architecture design, certification and implementation of the BMS Software running on the eVTOL battery pack with a focus on system safety and verify the software implementation meets the required safety standards.
This position requires extensive knowledge in the harsh environment avionics, automotive and/or similar safety critical environment.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop safety critical software for battery management systems
- Define, design and review safety critical Software functions according to requirements specification and required standards.
- Create and review certification relevant documents and plans according to DO-178C.
- Create high and low-level Software specifications.
- Hands-on Testing and de-bugging when required.
- Support Software verification according with applicable standards.
- Define, design and review safety critical Software according to requirements specification and required standards.
- Deploy internal software development standards.
- Create data visualization SW, GUI, for the BMS data analysis/diagnosis.
- Coordinate external development suppliers.
- Integration and validation into the aircraft, supporting colleagues as needed and perform design review with the Hardware engineers.
- Identification and tracking the specific assignments, deliverables, and provide an assessment on the progress and outcome of the work on a day-to-day basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Systems, or Computer Engineering or related engineering field.
- 5+ Years of proven experience in aerospace Software development.
- Experience in the development of embedded C/C++ with safety critical systems.
- Experience in the development of GUIs interfaces.
- Experience with Model based design, Matlab-Simulink.
- Strong knowledge of DO-178 and/or MISRA standard, practice and process.
- Proficient with ECU software development methodology, process, and tool chains.
- Experience with ARM embedded controllers.
- Experience with Real time operating systems, free-RTOS, safe-RTOS.
- Proficient with protocols like: CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, ARINC.
- Experience with low level drivers development.
- Knowledge of agile and scrum tools, Atlassian Jira and Bitbucket, or other revision control software is desired.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Experience with functional safety, aircraft or automotive standards:
- DO-178, DO-254, ARP 4754, ARP 4761.
- ISO 26262
- IEC 61508 SIL-3 and/or derived requirements
- Knowledge in DO-331 is desired.
- Experience working in EASA/FAA approved design Organisation is an advantage.
- Fluent English language skills are essential
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free breakfast
- Annual bonus
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours