Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for an experienced Simulation Engineer to lead a wide range of simulation projects.
You will work with our heads of department and engineers to ensure simulation activities deliver critical information to support product development and influence technical strategy. You will also do hands-on development to extend our core flight simulation into other tools within the business.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Creating a prioritised simulation development plan and managing the delivery of this
- Ensuring a focus on verification and validation of simulation models, coordinating with different teams in the business to manage this.
- Engaging effectively across all disciplines to ensure simulation best practice is implemented and understood by people with varied technical backgrounds
- Maintaining awareness of simulation technology developments and exercising judgement in determining when and how to adopt these into new working practices
- Software implementation to integrate simulation into testing capabilities
- Supporting the teams as required to explore and validate technical solutions
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Excellent Matlab and Simulink skills
- Strong knowledge of current and evolving simulation technologies
- 5+ years of demonstrable & relevant experience
- Be able to apply your experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Good supporting knowledge of multi-physics problems
- Passionate about technology and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential
- Communication of complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Worked within a highly regulated environment (aerospace/medical/automotive)
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors
- Directly involved in flight test programmes
- Good supporting knowledge of hardware/software development and system integration
- Have run distributed simulations
- Working knowledge of Unity/Unreal
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to professional development