Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We're building a team where individuals are expected to deliver performance, ideas and concepts which make a difference. We will expect you to think creatively and push the boundaries of what is considered normal. Great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less, so if you’re a creative thinker, that wants the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, then this is the role for you.
We're looking for an outstanding Design Engineer who combines superb technical knowledge and experience with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This role is to develop from the ground up the Aircraft Structure for our new aircraft. The role is full time and will require the successful candidate to be very flexible in terms of work content and to be well-motivated.
The successful candidate must have a fundamental knowledge of Aircraft Structures and be able to effectively analyse the complex system from a design perspective. The successful candidate must have significant experience in aerospace or other highly regulated industries.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Conceptual and detail design of composite and metallic structures for novel aircraft configurations
- Definition of component and system requirements
- Meeting the Means of Compliance standards required by the authorities
- Assisting in the management of suppliers and manufacturers, delivering components or systems to the project
- Conducting composites-related R&D projects and supporting test activity
- Preparing technical documentation for review by senior management
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong fundamental knowledge of lightweight structures and composites
- Detailed knowledge of current and developing aircraft structural technology
- Detailed understanding of the design requirements and system engineering approach
- Experience and proficiency of at least one modern CAD package and PLM system
- Working knowledge of GD&T and drawing creation
- Experience of certifying to aerospace standards
- Masters or PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Significant experience of Solidworks
- Good understanding of surface modelling techniques
- Good communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Hold Signatory to DOA aviation levels