Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are currently entering a phase of rapid expansion with the objective of rapidly bringing competitive products to market. As part of this expansion we are looking for a Senior Battery Management System Engineer to lead functional specification of the battery management system and integration with the vehicle.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Cascading the vehicle level requirements to the battery management system
- Determining the design functionality of the vehicle’s battery management system
- Designing a battery management system
- Interfacing with the chosen battery management system supplier(s)
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in battery management systems
- Developed battery management solutions using latest embedded controllers and mixed signal peripherals
- Experienced in developing ERS for battery management ICs or solutions
- Familiar with battery management algorithms and their interaction with HW, FW and systems
- Experienced in mixed signal board level schematics designs with emphasis on interfacing with different types of ADCs, DACs and discrete power FETs and other components
- Experienced in working with silicon teams to drive BMU (Battery Management Unit) level requirements and design compliance
- Experienced in working with small technical teams to deliver creative product solutions consistently