Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are currently entering a phase of rapid expansion with the objective of rapidly bringing competitive products to market. As part of this expansion we are looking for a Senior Battery Electrical Engineer.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Analysis of battery architectures
- Design of battery electrical components, systems and construction
- Design of other electrical-related components including those primarily controlled or configured by the battery management system
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in electrical engineering including an academic degree or comparable qualifications
- Experience with designing and specifying battery sensors, connectors, fuses, contactors and busbar systems
- Experience with modelling electrical architectures, including current distribution a distinct advantage
- Ability to convey key messages to senior management in a simple and solution-based approach
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel on occasion either to liaise with suppliers or for testing an advantage