Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We're looking for an experienced Rotorcraft Dynamics and Vibration Specialist who combines superb technical knowledge and experience with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively.
You will apply your expert knowledge of rotorcraft structural dynamics to address the novel challenges associated with multirotor Urban Air Mobility vehicles. You will also develop bespoke methods and tools. The role is full time and will require the successful candidate to be very flexible in terms of work content and to be well-motivated.
You must have a fundamental knowledge of aircraft structures and be able to effectively analyse the complex system from a design perspective. You must also have significant experience in aerospace or other highly regulated industries.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Application of appropriate techniques to design and analyse advanced aerostructures
- Development of methods to analyse structural dynamics and vibration of novel aircraft configurations
- Define and support testing to explore novel designs and validate performance
- Demonstrating compliance of novel designs to emerging aerospace specifications
- Engage effectively across related disciplines to ensure quality and robust design solutions that are understood by people with varied technical backgrounds
- Taking ownership of programmes of work
- Guide and mentor junior team members
- Managing relationships with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Significant relevant demonstrable experience of structural dynamics and vibration analysis and test
- Good supporting knowledge of multi-physics problems
- Passionate about technology and thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential
- Able to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors
- Have been directly involved in flight test programmes
- Experience of certifying to aerospace standards
- Held signatory to DOA aviation levels is desired