Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are embarking on an exciting new chapter in the development of electric aircraft and are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer.
You will be responsible for supporting the definition and leading the implementation of Vertical Aerospace’s tools, process and governance for manufacturing engineering. You will be acting as the interface between our design organisation and our production organisation in line with the DOA and POA requirements defined by EASA and the CAA.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Develop and document Vertical Aerospace manufacturing processes and procedures to support prototype and production vehicles
- Support the definition of toolset requirements, integration with current (and future) design (e.g. PLM) and Production (e.g. ERP) systems and implementation of these
- Drive digitalisation into manufacturing engineering and the shop floor, remove the need for paperwork orders
- Support the development of standards, policies and processes to enable the companies POA submission
Qualifications / Experience
- HND, Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- 5 – 10 years of relevant experience of manufacturing engineering in aerospace or a similarly regulated field
- Experience of generation of manufacturing processes and work orders within a regulated Quality Management System
- Demonstrated team leadership qualities
- You must be a people person who is good at working within a team
- Understanding of non-conformance management and processes for managing manufacturing non-conformance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working understanding of the obligations of an aerospace design organisation and production organisation (e.g. EASA Part 21) (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a regulated Quality management System
- A personal interest in aviation and aircraft