Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are embarking on an exciting new chapter in the development of Electric Aircraft and are now looking for the Head of Manufacturing Engineering.
You will be responsible for defining Vertical Aerospace’s tools, process and governance for manufacturing engineering. You will be acting as the interface between our design organisation and our production organisation and accountable to the CAA/EASA for managing the interface and the data flow both ways.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Develop the Vertical Aerospace manufacturing engineering strategy, governance and process
- Build a world class manufacturing engineering team, identify and recruit for the key skills and competences
- Ensure development plans are in place for the team to secure future growth
- Define the toolset requirements, integration with current (and future) design (e.g. PLM) and Production (e.g. ERP) systems and implementation of these
- Drive digitalisation into manufacturing engineering and the shop floor, remove the need for paper work orders
- Supporting the company in conjunction with its standards, policies and processes
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
Qualifications / Experience
- HND, Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- 5 – 10 years of relevant experience of manufacturing engineering in aerospace or a similarly regulated field
- Experience of generation of manufacturing processes and work orders within a regulated Quality Management System
- Demonstrated team leadership qualities
- You must be a people person who is good at working within a team
- Understanding of non-conformance management and processes for managing manufacturing non-conformance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working understanding of the obligations of an aerospace design organisation and production organisation (e.g. EASA Part 21) (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a regulated Quality Management System
- A personal interest in aviation and aircraft