Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to help design the installation of various electrical systems required for our new type of aircraft.
You’ll have experience delivering engineering design of electrical systems installation. Ideally with an aerospace or automotive background with 2D/3D design.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- 2D and 3D detailed design of systems installation
- Equipment integration within an airframe
- Assist in the design and testing of prototypes, both full and part scale.
- Presenting complex system information in an understandable way to different levels of the business.
- Working in accordance to relevant aerospace standards
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, with the majority in System Installation design (grade offered depends on level of experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience of electrical system design
- Skilled in 2D and 3D design packages like Catia and SolidWorks, ideally with experience of SolidWorks Electrical
- Knowledge of installation design requirements for electrical systems
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering
- Hands-on experience of aerospace systems installation and/or maintenance
- Experience of system design to aerospace standards
- Knowledge of current and developing Electric Vehicle and Aircraft technologies