Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We’re looking for an experienced Certification Engineer to join our fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering complex and novel certification programmes, preferably within a start-up environment, and of working with the authorities.
The candidate must be capable of working autonomously, able to communicate at all levels and be comfortable working in a highly technical and fast paced environment.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Liaising with the Design Office to develop and implement procedures in support of the Vertical Aerospace Design Assurance System
- Being responsible for producing Certification Plans ready for submission to the Authorities
- Preparing and collate data packs in support of flight permits
- Advising the Design Teams on Certification requirements
- Supporting design reviews to ensure that the proposed design will address all certification needs
- Assisting with the preparation of Special Conditions and Certification Review Items in support of Type Certification activities
- Managing and maintaining the Vertical Aerospace Certification Compliance database for Type Certification activities
- Supporting Continued Airworthiness investigations and activities
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an aerospace certification environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and innovative approach to problem solving
- Passport and ability to travel for business within Europe
- Experience in working from CS-23, CS-25, CS27 or CS-29
- Good working knowledge of Part 21
- Experience of interfacing with Authorities
- Competence in planning and conducting audit activities
- Experience of working in or coordinating with an approved Design and/or Production Organisation
- Piloting experience (any type of aircraft)